In this section
As Employer’s Agents, KLM Partnership have successfully delivered numerous design and build projects throughout the Country. We have an excellent track record in Employer’s Agent services for the procurement of construction contracts and we have developed a wealth of experience and expertise working for clients.
Since 2011, our Employer’s Agents have assisted our Clients to deliver circa 1,600 new homes throughout Scotland in the affordable housing sector worth approximately £171,000,000.00.
Our Employer’s Agents focus on the factors that link all successful projects, including:-
- Establishing a clear project brief and identifying relevant site information;
- Establishing an achievable design and construction programme;
- Sign-offs by the Client at key stages;
- Early involvement of the supply chain to test new ideas and any design innovations;
We manage the development process from the outset, provide thorough financial analysis and actively engage with all the project stakeholders including tenants, planners, funders, and the local community to identify and prioritise their needs and requirements.
We act on behalf of the Client / Employer in respect of administration of a ‘design and build' contract and provide the following services:-
- Preparation of Employer's Requirements documentation in association with Client and other consultants
- Advice on tendering
- Instructions in respect of expenditure of provisional sums
- Interim payment Certificates for valuations of works and materials on and off site.
- Instructions in respect of variations, changes, confirmation of information and consents, opening up works for inspection,
- Provide advice on conflicts within the contract documentation,
- Value instructions including the effects of postponement of design and/or construction works, including any loss and/or expense and the like.
- Issue of Non-completion Certificates.
- Issue of Certificates of Practical Completion and accompanying schedules of defective works.
- Issue of Certificates of Making Good Defects at end of defects liability period or at completion of defects (whichever is the latter).
- Issue of Notice of Final Payment Certificate following agreement of Final Account with contractor and certificate at end of Defects Liability Period.